Job description, responsibilities and duties
Following an official invitation to observe the 6 April 2014 parliamentary elections in Hungary, OSCE/ODIHR is preparing to deploy a Limited Election Observation Mission (LEOM). As a result, OSCE/ODIHR is looking to recruit support staff for the below-mentioned positions:
LONG-TERM OBSERVER DRIVER
Locations: Debrecen, Miskolc, Szeged, Pecs, Gyor.
Under the supervision of the Long-term Observers (LTOs) and under the general supervision of the Operations Expert of the mission, the LTO Driver is responsible for driving the team consisting of two LTOs and Assistant. S/he reports directly to LTOs.
Tasks and responsibilities:
● Drives LTO Team in their area of observation (AoO);
● Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks oil, water, brakes, etc, perform minor repairs;
● Assists the LTOs in locating road maps and city maps of the AoO;
● Gathers information on distance separating cities, towns and villages in the AoO and on road conditions in the AoO;
● Ensures that the car in a clean state inside and outside;
● Logs all trips in the log sheet;
● Ensures that rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in accident; and
● Performs other duties as required.
● Completed primary education, secondary education is preferred;
● At least two years of relevant work experience and “clean” driving licences. Experience in driving officials for international organizations is an asset;
● Possession of vehicle in excellent technical and aesthetic condition;
● Possession of all relevant documentation for driving the vehicle (relevant licences, vehicle passports and power of attorney if the driver is not the legal owner; as well as proof that the vehicle has sufficient 3rd Party Liability Insurance);
● Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and chauffeur courtesies;
● Punctuality and discretion;
● Ability to perform minor repairs and work irregular hours;
● Knowledge of local language(s) is essential; and
● Knowledge of English is an asset
Each candidate is eligible to apply for 3 positions in separate emails with consideration of application procedures (see below). Please do not attach motivation letters and certificates, they should be submitted upon request.
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: 11 March 2014
EMPLOYMENT DURATION: approximately 6-7 weeks [for most positions]. The selected candidates should commit to being available for the duration of the LEOM.
REMUNERATION / SALARY: Remuneration will depend on qualifications and experience, in accordance with established OSCE rates.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Candidates interested in applying for any of above-mentioned positions should send a current CV in English, indicating in the subject of e-mail the position(s) for which they are applying (e.g. LEOM/HUN, Senior Legal Analyst Assistant) to